If you want to upgrade your garage floor with epoxy coating, you might probably be wondering how long does epoxy garage floor last.
If you take the criteria mentioned below for the lifespan of your epoxy garage floor, your epoxy coating can last from 5 – 10 years. Also, when maintained properly, your epoxy garage floor can last even longer than 10 years.
First of all, we have to say that the ideal coating for garage floors is epoxy, thanks to its price, usefulness, and durability. Epoxy coating, which provides a lively appearance for garages, and can also be used as a workshop, is extremely suitable for residential or commercial uses.
In this article, we delved the question into three subjects: Epoxy garage floor lifespan determinants, how to extend the life of your epoxy floors, and the advantages of epoxy garage floors.
Now let’s examine in more detail the factors that affect the durability of the epoxy garage floor below.
Epoxy Garage Floor Lifespan Determinants
Quality of material: The more quality material you choose for the epoxy floor, the longer it will last. Please be sure to pick a trustworthy manufacturer with quality materials before upgrading your garage floor with an epoxy coating.
The epoxy coating thickness: The epoxy coating’s thickness might range from 0.4 millimeters to 1 millimeter for residential applications. If you select thin epoxy coating, it will deteriorate more quickly and require replacement sooner. You can ask about the thickness range of the epoxy coating to your manufacturer.
Preparation of epoxy coating: If your floor is not prepared correctly before installing the epoxy coating, it will not be long-lasting. To manage moisture mitigation, the concrete needs to be crushed down and made porous. Then, a vapor barrier should be installed. Thus, the lifespan of your coating will be significantly influenced by the concrete layer.
Usage of garage: If you have a lot of vehicles going in and out of your garage and you do a job by using a lot of chemical products, this can affect the longevity of your epoxy floor.
How to Extend the Life of Your Epoxy Floors?
Here, we present the three most important things for you to do to increase the life of your epoxy garage. If you pay attention to the following items, your epoxy garage floor will remain durable for a long time:
- Regular maintenance: We recommend an annual inspection with professionals to be sure that your epoxy floor is in good condition.
- Regular cleaning: If you clean dirt, debris, and dust regularly from your garage, you extend the lifespan of your epoxy coating. In addition, be sure that you clean the spills immediately with a clean cloth to prevent the spill from drying.
- Protection: You can use doormats and parking vehicles to protect your epoxy garage floor. These kinds of methods definitely protect your epoxy floor and increase its lifespan.
Advantages of Epoxy Garage Floor
We listed the advantages of epoxy garage floor you need to know in case you cannot decide which material to use for upgrading your garage floor.
- Durability: As you know, epoxy is a non-porous material, making it resistant to scratches and abrasions. This makes it a very popular option for garage flooring because it stands for vehicle traffic and heavy foot.
- Resistance: Epoxy garage floor is resistant to stains and chemicals due to its non-porous surface, which makes it an ideal option for garage flooring. It is long-lasting and durable.
- Easy maintenance: Thanks to its non-porous surface and resistance to scratches and chemicals, it is incredibly easy to maintain. You can clean the epoxy surface with just soap and water. You do not need to seal and wax regularly like traditional concrete floors.
- Saving money: Because it is easy to maintain, clean, and protect, installing epoxy coating in your garage will save you time and money.
- Safety: The epoxy surface is very safe due to its slip-resistant quality. Even though your garage is wet, it is quite hard to slip and fall. Thus, having an epoxy coating in your garage will be a safe option for you and your family members.
- Resale value: If the resale value of your property is crucial for you, you can consider applying the epoxy coating in your garage with a mind at peace. Because the epoxy coating is long-lasting and durable, it will affect your house’s resale value positively.
Suppose you ask how long epoxy garage floors last. In that case, this article will help you understand the factors that affect the lifespan of epoxy garage floors and the criteria for extending them.
Of course, it is necessary to know that epoxy coating has different models and colors. In order to understand which model is suitable for your garage, contacting the experts and companies that make epoxy flooring and requesting the right information will be the healthiest method.
Thus, you can have a professional floor covering with the most suitable colors and applications for your intended use.
Last, don’t choose to DIY while installing an epoxy coating on your floors. Instead, hire a qualified epoxy installer to guarantee that high-quality materials are used.
Qualified professionals can create and apply the ideal floor coating to your residential or commercial property.